Photographers Direct

Photographers Direct - stock photography images

Thursday 7 June 2012

Picture of the Day Dartmoor Weather

Today's picture of the day comes from Dartmoor National Park, I would have liked to said sunny National Park, but it was far from it today. The rain rarely let up all day, at some points it was rally hammering it down. Stopping two bridges near postbridge the river was nearly bursting it banks, I was looking for a way of showing how full the river was. There was a very short break in the rain, so I went up onto the stone bridge. Armed only with my Nikon D3 and a Nikon 28-300mm lens, I was really missing my camera bag and tripod. Firstly for my neutral density (ND)filters which would have heled me slow my shutter speed right down and get some silky smooth flowing water and secondy my tripod to put the camera on when using these really slow speeds. So instead I had to see want I could make the camera do on its own. First, I set the ISO all the way down to 100, next was setting the aperture to f22 this gave me a shutter speed 1/10th, which was just about enough to give the impression that the water was fast flowing. To help alleviate camera shake I gently place the camera on to the stone bride and aligned my shoot using the live view.



Once I had the image onto the computer and into photoshop I adjusted the levels and contrast and the applied a Topaz Detail filter to the image before turning it black and white. Finally I used the burn tool to just bring the edge down. Please let us know what you think of the image of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment