Photographers Direct

Photographers Direct - stock photography images

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Picture Of The Day - The Frozen Fountain

This picture of the day come from The Frozen Fountain at The Chateau Impney Hotel just outside Droitwich. Whilst on route to a corporate job at the hotel itself I passed the fountain, I checked my watch I I had some time before I had to be there so stopped.

For this picture of the day I just wanted to show how using different lens and angles can produce different pictures at one location. 

After  getting a closer look I could see that there were lots of different elements to the fountain that I wanted to photograph.

So starting with my Nikon 14-24mm lens I took a series of pictures including the one above. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 28cm which enables you to get in real close to a subject. Shooting at the 14mm end of the lens on a full frame Nikon D3 can give a slightly distorted view, but can be used to make small spaces look vast.






After working my way around the subject once I switched over to my Nikon 24-70mm lens, which can still produce good wide shots, but also zoom in the close your background down too.


Use low angle to give a different point of view to the normal 5 foot 10 inch view.


Get low and shoot at the same level as the subject. (This is also something you should do with children and pets).





Looking at the picture above and comparing it to the the first picture in the post you can see how the use of different lens closes down your background.

After working my way around for the second time, I then switched over to my 70-200mm. With this lens lens I was able to step right back and throw the background out in the pictures.






Lastly I put on my 300mm to just get right in on some of the ice, I wish I had my macro with me but unfortunately not this time.


As I was leaving the job I passed back by the fountain and just stopped quickly to get a night shot of it.



Again please let us know what you think of the posts and the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment