Photographers Direct

Photographers Direct - stock photography images

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Picture of the Day - Exmouth Seafront

Today's Picture of the Day comes from Exmouth Beach, which I am pretty fond of. These pictures were taken on Saturday, we had been out for the day with our friends and children to the play park on the beach. Generally we'll take a camera along to get some shots of the littlen playing, but unlike most the camera we took was a Nikon D3s and a Nikon 28-300mm.

As we were walking back to the car and the dark clouds loomed above us, this lone boat came chugging by. I quickly picked up the camera and crossed the road. Having been in the park the camera was set in Aperture priority (Av) so I didn't really have to think also the exposure too much. Thinking more about composition I managed to capture a few frames before it sailed past us.



The D3s was set to ISO 200 and the exposure compensator was dialled in to +0.3 this is something that I do when shooting in RAW or nef format on Nikon, I also have it set to 14 bit so it will retain more information and then you can over exposure the shot up to a full stop and still pull the highlight back in RAW conversion. With the aperture set at f8 I used the full range of the lens to produce wide and close up shots.



Once I had the images on to the computer I boosted the contrast and cropped them to my desired format. I also burnt in the edges of the image slightly. I used Topaz Detail which is a plug in for Photoshop just to make the detail in the images pop.

It just goes to show that it is always good to have your camera with you as you never know what may present itself.

Please let us know what you think of our picture of the day by either liking it on our facebook page, tweet us @Serenity_Eye or leave a comment here on the blog.

Thank you for reading

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture of the day - Fantastic photography

    ReplyDelete